Monday, April 25, 2005

Admiration for Gilles Duceppe?

I have noticed in the past few days a willingness to commend Gilles Duceppe on his political performance on Thursday night. (I won't link to anybody, you can see it for yourself if you do a search on Technorati by plugging in "Gilles Duceppe.") Somehow I just can't bring myself to marvel at his grace or how well he did. When a shark is circling its prey in the water, do you consider how well it is swimming or say to yourself, "Gee, I wish the shark was on my team." The only virtue in praising his acumen is in reminding us about the danger he poses to national unity. Every political step he takes is with one goal in mind: how can he best advance the cause of Quebec secession. My point is, simply, let's not lose sight of the separatist agenda as we consider unfolding events.