Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Dick "interviewed" by Brit

Cheney Takes Full Responsibility for Shooting Hunter - New York Times:
"Ultimately, I'm the guy who pulled the trigger that fired the round that hit Harry," he said in a televised interview with the Fox News anchor Brit Hume in Washington. "You can talk about all the other conditions that existed at the time, but that's the bottom line.

"It was not Harry's fault," he went on to say. "You can't blame anybody else. I'm the guy who pulled the trigger and shot my friend. It's a day I'll never forget."
And we will talk about all tlhe other conditions that existed at the time, at least as much as we can, Dick, given the way you've handled this. What were you doing in the hours leading up to your hunting outing, Dick? Did you have any alcohol? Did Brit Hume ask this? Let me guess, no....
He also said he thought it was the right decision to allow Ms. Armstrong become the only voice in describing what had happened.

"I thought that that was the right call," he said. "I didn't have any press people with me. I was there on a private weekend with friends."
This privacy spin is such a load of hooey. And if you'd been shot, Dick?

Still no further information here, but thanks for keeping the story going...