Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Can you see a difference?



(AP PHOTO/CP, Tom Hanson)



The latest Bush electoral campaign technology mimicked by Mini Bush...:) Because you know, I was just thinking to myself the other day...what I'd really love to see from our government is more propaganda...

By the way, "Protecting Canadians?" Stephen Harper is protecting us? From terrorism I suppose? And note the explicit linkage to "Rebuilding Afghanistan." Par for the course in conservative mythology these days. This is the implicit threat routinely made by Bush/Cheney/Rove that if we don't fight "them" over there, that we'll be fighting "them" over here. The flypaper theory.

In which case...see this report from the weekend on the serious domestic British terror threat, for example, describing the increased threat to Britain despite its efforts to fight "over there."

I'm for stabilizing Afghanistan but I'm not at all into our government's revolting metamorphosis into a franchisee of Bush's wedge partisan politics.

More on the propaganda sloganeering which is all focus group tested and manufactured here.