Sunday, March 11, 2007

Rove needs a subpoena

Here's an interesting little report for you. Suggests Karl Rove was in the know about the U.S. attorney firings. Hmmmm....but this White House would never make such moves political, would they? Excuse me while I fall off my chair laughing...:)

OK, I'm back. The story:
Presidential adviser Karl Rove and at least one other member of the White House political team were urged by New Mexico’s Republican chairman to fire the state’s U.S. attorney.

The New Mexico GOP chairman, Allen Weh, said in an interview Saturday that he was dissatisfied with David Iglesias’ job performance, including his failure to indict Democrats in a voter fraud investigation in the battleground election state.

Weh said he complained in 2005 about Iglesias to a White House liaison who worked for Rove and asked that Iglesias be removed. Weh said he followed up with Rove in late 2006 in a visit to the White House.
The conversation that the article reports:
Weh recalled asking Rove at a White House holiday event in December: “Is anything ever going to happen to that guy?” What Weh didn’t know was that the firings of Iglesias and the others had already been approved.

Weh said that Rove told him: “He’s gone.”

Weh added: “I probably said something close to ‘Hallelujah.’ ”
My, my. The White House line?
A White House spokeswoman, Dana Perino, said last week that administration officials were aware of the impending firings and offered no objections. But Rove “wasn't involved in who was going to be fired or hired,” she said.
Sound familiar? Seems to me I recall hearing that neither Rove nor Libby were "involved" in the leaking of Valerie Plame's CIA status as well. Too bad Scooter's not around to be the fall guy on this one!

Yes, I may be going a bit too far. After all, what would Karl know about the U.S. attorney issue, anyway...well, you decide for yourself:



Nah....he couldn't have been involved...:)