Monday, March 19, 2007

Thanks, Progressive Bloggers

Just wanted to give a shout out to the Progressive Bloggers site and to its members. They just approved my site as an affiliate, for which I am very appreciative.

So what's there to know about me? Well, here are a few notes...

I've been blogging since mid-2005 and my subjects are largely U.S. and Canadian politics. I write a lot about Bush and his henchmen and their legions of atrocities. Karl Rove is a favourite target of mine. He is largely responsible for the decline of the quality of the American democracy over the past six years, at least that's one of my pet theories and I'm sticking to it. The material that they provide these days is priceless for bloggers yet at the same time too often frightening. The current U.S. attorney scandal is an example of a subversion of the justice system for politcal ends that I find astounding. This is the kind of issue that piques my interest.

And I'm finding the same kind of material emanating out of Ottawa these days as well. Mini Bush (my pet name for one Mr. Stephen Harper - say it out loud and try to refrain from laughing) seems to have the gut instinct to follow down the road that his Republican confreres to the south travel. That is, the low road of hyper-partisanship which becomes manifested in almost everything they do. The echoes of the worst of the Bush administration that we've seen thus far in Harper foreign policy, media interactions, judicial appointment philosophy, environmental policy and domestic initiatives is another theme here at my blog.

I try to be funny in a majorly sarcastic way...:) It doesn't always work, but, hey, I'm trying. Through all the frustrating bs coming from these administrations, you have to lighten it up!

I blog anonymously. It's just a personal preference, no real big scoop behind that.

I may be adding a team blogger, a friend - disco, who may be adding some variety of a tech, humour brand in the next little while.

I'm in Parkdale-High Park, one of the few ridings in Canada to be NDP provincially and federally. Yeah, my home is definitely located in one of the more progressive enclaves in the country! I'll be supporting Gerard Kennedy in the next election and he'll have a good shot in a fierce campaign.

I'm a night owl and tend to post at all hours. It's a product of a flexible lifestyle that I enjoy with the Impolitical husband. Strange hours but then again, it's all relative, isn't it?

And I hope you enjoy the blog...that's it!

By the way...major snow job alert coming out of Ottawa this very hour. And I'm not talking about the weather...:)