Thursday, January 29, 2009

Dear Greg (II)

I am so happy that you enjoyed my previous note and find myself somewhat engaged by your ongoing flattery. I must say I was completely unaware of the dyslexia, please accept my sincerest apology. Boy, you've made me look like the big baddie now! But I do maintain that spellchecking is next to godliness, as you know, such mistakes tend to raise questions about one's argumentation and such.

I think we're probably in agreement on such matters as EI, pay equity, tax cuts, et al., and the proof will be in the pudding, as they say, should the Liberals return to governing in the near future. I know you won't be holding your breath, you are the so-entitled "sinister" one, after all. I prefer to be hopeful, a contributor and push my party to achieve such positions. I know, it's all so quaint, isn't it?

I do wish our parties might cooperate a little more on solving common problems. Speaking of which, forgive me, but I haven't heard anything from the NDP about any budget amendments. Maybe I've missed it? And I wonder whether the NDP would have supported any such Liberal amendments in any event? Or were they foot stamping in a fit of bring 'em down pique, in an all or nothing type deal? I really don't know the answer to that one. But judging by today's radio attack ads, that's probably a good indication of where they were at. This is probably all a matter of speculation on my part and I'm not sure you know what the answer to that one is. Needless to say, it doesn't do much for camaraderie out here in the trenches, now does it?

Yours in pursuing the return of liberal governance to Canada (note how I use the small "l"),