Monday, January 04, 2010

I Prorogue because



Meet the new blog badge, on the occasion of this Prime Minister's extraordinary decision to prorogue Parliament for the second year in a row.

I was thinking about an update to last year's poster when out of the blue early yesterday, designer TT, frequent and talented blog contributor, contacted me with a draft of the above. We spent yesterday going back and forth on the content and here it is. As always, a big thank you to him for his great work.

TT says he was inspired by the first two answers, "I can" and "You let me." Meaning that while we can certainly and justifiably be disillusioned by the Prime Minister, we bear responsibility as citizens in letting him get away with this: "Apathy is our foe right alongside Harper." Well said.

As always, feel free to use as a blog badge, if you like. Fight that apathy!