Position Title: Customer Service OfficerMust be able to read the scripts! Must be familiar with the "culture of the Conservative Party of Canada!" Interesting interview questions on that one, I'll bet! At least they didn't farm it out overseas, that would be something. Maybe down the road.
Position FTE: Full-Time, Permanent Employee
Reporting Structure: Reports to:Manager, Membership Services
The Customer Service Officer is responsible for providing communications support to advance the principles and policies of the Conservative Party of Canada. The Customer Service Officer will provide the highest level of customer service to those calling from Electoral District Associations, donors, members, and the inquiring public in a timely and professional manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Responds to requests by phone on routine issues in accordance with procedures and scripts provided.
* Composes routine correspondence in response to written and electronic communications.
* Tracks and reports significant issues from Party members, donors and the inquiring public.
* Ability to independently complete daily tasks including but not limited to the compilation of letters, printing of tax receipts and membership cards, and data cleaning processes.
* Updates donor and membership database as required.
* Meets productivity standards as determined by the Manager.
* Records the night service message on the main line and toll-free line.
* Other duties and projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities Required:
* Ability to communicate fluently and persuasively in French and English with the ability to write clearly and concisely in both English and French
* Excellent customer service skills - you are positive, professional, courteous and service-oriented
* Possesses strong investigative and problem-solving skills with the ability to follow a problem through to its conclusion
* Ability to clarify inquires, research issues and respond accordingly
* Must be a team player and have the ability to establish effective interpersonal relationships
* Must be familiar with the Canadian federal political system and the principles, policies and culture of the Conservative Party of Canada
* Must demonstrate the ability to multi task in a fast-paced environment
* Self-starter and takes initiative (hands on style)
* Exercises sound professional judgment
(h/t a little birdie)