Monday, August 23, 2010

Stephen Harper's Nanook Diary

Dear Diary,

I'm off again on my annual summer trek to the Arctic. In fact, it's my fifth annual northern tour. First stop, Churchill! And I really don't mind if anybody draws any subliminal inferences about that, not one bit. Dimitri's on it, lots of Harper/Churchill stuff in the releases today. As I like to say, let's face it, it's good to be me.

Yep, today I roll in and make an "announcement." Can't tell you what yet, the walls have eyes and ears. But stay tuned, I'm dropping so much cash around the country since I've emerged from my month long mystery vacay, you're gonna love this one too. Didn't I tell you it's good to be me?

My annual Arctic sovereignty road show comes just in the nick of time too. Man, 300 G20 cases about to flood a Toronto court house today...let me tell you, I want to be as far away from that spectacle as possible! Still amazed I've only had to answer, what, maybe one question all summer on that record setting G20 mass arrest situation. It is so freaking good to be me.

Well, that's it for now, maybe I'll check back in through the week. I'm hanging at a navy dive tomorrow! I don't need to tell you what that cit-eh. No wet suit for me though. The new glasses are a bit of a problem there. By the way, I sure hope Michelle's packed me one of those jackets with my name on it. I love me some commander-in-chief stylin'.

Until next time...and just to sum up here, as my cabinet all know, it's good to be me.