Monday, December 06, 2010

Bruce McDonald, progressive blogging friend

Just wanted to join in with others who are remembering Bruce today. We lost a good guy and he will be missed.

I met Bruce a few times. He was one of the first bloggers I met in the summer of 2006 when I went to one of our blogging get togethers. Beyond that, we lived in our peculiar online world where we share solidarity over issues, we reach each other on twitter and we laugh, the connection a little more real since we did in fact meet in real life. The last time I saw him was the summer of 2009 at the southern Ontario get together in Guelph. We joked later about not getting to talk more at that event. Now I wish we had.

Here's to him, for speaking out with conviction over the years and adding his unique voice to the Progressive Bloggers community.

Best to his family and friends.