Monday, May 02, 2011

Election Day


The big day is here. I don't really have much to say and haven't for the past few days because there's not much to say until the results roll in.

As for today, hope everyone is out there working hard. I'll be helping in my riding to get out the vote all day until polls close, then counting, etc. The whole election deal. One last day, then we rest.

It looks like this is turning out to be anything but the election many of us imagined. We'll see what the voters choose tonight. Lots of thoughts in my head based on what I've seen, what has transpired, what's to come...but plenty of time for all of that in coming days and weeks. So as far as today goes, have a good one! Revel in the democratic process. That's what's on my agenda.

By the way...did I tell you about the 18 year old kid I met while canvassing the other night? First time voter eagerly listening then he reached out and shook my hand and said thank you. A personal highlight from the past four weeks or so. And yes, it helped that he's voting for my candidate!

Best of luck to all who have run honourable campaigns. See you on the other side!