Thursday, September 08, 2011

Q & A with Tony Genco

Seems Tony Genco, PC candidate in Vaughan also shares the view that the PCs are a divided bunch:
Q: Your nomination has spurred some division within the Conservative party itself, with some critics still pointing to your Liberal roots. What are your thoughts on that?

A: "I think some of those Conservatives are Reform members. I don’t begrudge them to change and make their choices. I don’t believe that having a change of heart or change of opinion is wrong. I’ve open and transparent about my change. I have held myself to account more than others. It would have been much easier for me not to do anything. It would have been easier for me to sit on my hands and work at Rapid City Transportation and take my life forward. I did this because I believe in what Tim Hudak is doing. Critics have a right to be critical. I don’t think there’s anything I can do other than be accountable for what I do and what I say and what I mean."
What? I didn't know people still belonged to the Reform party. You learn something new every day. Perhaps Tony means of Reform heritage and therefore very right wing and they don't support his candidacy. Or perhaps he's referring to the crowd that pushed Norm Sterling out.

Whatever he means, it sounds odd and not the way to galvanize your base when in the midst of a campaign.